Making chili the day after Super Bowl might seem counterintuitive, but my Monday playbook calls for a quick and easy dinner after a weekend when I didn’t meal prep. And when our family is in the mood for an uncomplicated, comforting bowl of healthy food, chili scores big every time. Simple doesn’t have to mean basic, though; my chili comes with some key adds that have my family asking for it on repeat.
For one, there are no beans. My stomach doesn’t love beans and neither does my toddler, so I subbed in sweet potatoes for a Whole 30 Approved punch of vitamin C during this crazy cold season. I also harnessed the nourishing power of bone broth not only to increase the nutritional value of each bowl, but also to deepen the flavor and texture. But the biggest win this season was moving the chili out of the slow cooker and into my Fagor Multi Cooker (aka Instant Pot). So while I used to have to plan ahead to sit down to a steaming bowl of comforting goodness, this chili is done in under 30 minutes. Here’s how:Print
Paleo Instant Pot Sweet Potato Chili
This easy, Whole 30 Approved meal comes together in 30 minutes. But don’t be fooled: the taste is anything but basic.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 14 Minutes
- Total Time: 24 Minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 3 c Sweet potatoes (chopped into 1/2 in cubes)
- 1 1/2 c carrots (sliced 1/2 in thick)
- 1 lb ground meat (bison, turkey, or grass-fed beef)
- 1 medium red onion (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes (drained)
- 1 14.5 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 c bone broth (beef or turkey)
- 1/4 c apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp avocado oil or ghee
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Heat avocado oil or ghee in your Instant pot using the sauté function. Once warmed, add the meat and onion until the meat is browned and the onion is translucent.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients. Give them a quick stir until they’re combined.
- Put the lid on your Instant Pot and cook at high pressure for 9 minutes, then use the quick release to reduce the pressure.
- Plate and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 605.43
- Sugar: 20.29 gm
- Sodium: 1219.53 mg
- Fat: 28.04 gm
- Saturated Fat: 10.07 gm
- Carbohydrates: 50.74 gm
- Fiber: 11.86 gm
- Protein: 39.64 gm
- Cholesterol: 109.74 gm