Learn how to cook hearty, healthy whole roasted cauliflower in the air fryer and cut your cook time in half! This air fryer parmesan cauliflower recipe yields a flavorful veggie side crusted in cheesy goodness and fresh herbs. Serve parmesan roasted cauliflower as a side, or as a vegetarian main. No air fryer? No problem! You can make this parmesan roasted cauliflower recipe in the oven, too!
How To Roast A Whole Cauliflower In The Air Fryer
- Prep the cauliflower by washing in cold water. Use a paring knife to remove leaves and any protruding stem. I also like to dig out a little bit of the core to ensure that I don’t end up with any overly crunchy bits, but this is entirely up to you.
- Spray or brush the cauliflower with avocado oil and sprinkle it with salt, pepper, parmesan and paprika. The flavoring mix has a tendency to slide off the sides, so use your hands to gently pack it on.
- Carefully place the whole cauliflower in the air fryer basket. Some of the seasoning may slide off, so be prepared to touch up any “bald” spots to make sure each bite is full of flavor. Roast at 370 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Use tongs or a serving fork to remove the cauliflower from the air fryer and set it on a plate. Sprinkle the chopped Italian parsley and lemon zest over the top. Slice into wedges and enjoy!
How To Roast A Whole Cauliflower In The Oven
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. While it’s warming up, follow steps 1+2 above, then place the cauliflower in a Dutch oven and close the top. Roast, covered, for 40-45 minutes in the center of the oven.
Make It Vegan
You can mimic the flavor of parmesan cheese using a simple blend of nutritional yeast, cashews, salt and garlic powder. Minimalist Baker’s vegan parmesan cheese recipe is my favorite.
How To Serve Whole Roasted Cauliflower
As a meat-eater, I like to enjoy this recipe as a veggie side with
If you’re vegan and are making the dairy-free alternative above, you can slice and serve it as a cauliflower steak atop pasta slathered in Vegan Alfredo Sauce.
More Healthy Veggie Sides Like this:
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Roasted Mini Sweet Peppers
- Roasted Summer Vegetables with Balsamic Vinegar
Note: This blog is my business, so my posts sometimes include affiliate links to helpful products that I trust.Print
Whole Roasted Cauliflower (Air Fryer and Oven!)
Roasting a whole head of cauliflower not only makes a beautiful, healthy side, it’s also easier than you probably think! With the zing of fresh herbs and a comforting crunch of a baked parmesan crust, you’ll quickly come to crave this hearty vegetable dish.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15 -45 min
- Total Time: 22 minute
- Yield: 6 cauliflower steaks 1x
- Category: Vegetable Sides
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
1 head of cauliflower
1 tbs avocado oil
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
3/4c grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp parsley
1/2 tsp lemon zest
- If using the oven, preheat to 400 degrees. Prep the cauliflower. Wash in cold water and remove leaves and any protruding stem.
- Season the top. Spray or brush the cauliflower with avocado oil and sprinkle it with salt, pepper, parmesan and paprika. The flavoring mix has a tendency to slide off the sides, so use your hands to gently pack it on.
- Set the seasoned cauliflower in the air fryer or a dutch oven. Use the air fryer to roast at 370F for 15-20 minutes, or cook it in the oven, covered, for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove the cauliflower from the air fryer or oven and set it on a plate. Season with fresh Italian parsley and lemon zest. Slice into wedges and serve hot.
Keywords: whole roasted cauliflower, air fryer, oven, roasted parmesan cauliflower